BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

April 15, 2010

Random Poem :P

I sincerely apologize for not posting these past two weeks! I have just had so many things to do. The convention went well, got second in the cosplay contest. :) Ummm... ya. SO I am going to post a poem, no this is not the depressing one I was talking about this is just a more... I don't know. I will be posting the depressing one right after posting this. So here it is. I love random prompts, 'nuff said.'


The hairs on my arm stood up
as the sticky kool-aid gelled them into place
The thick, heated air whirled around me and my little blue
shorts were sprayed with spaghettios
and the cement caught me as I dodged my brother.
Even the tiniest scrape can hurt
hot air gushing into the torn flesh but Texas
is always there to toughen you up.
A meaningless tear dropped from my eye
and dribbled across my sticky lips that were covered in a screen of blue.
I quickly scrambled to the gate and went inside my backyard
where burning poles were propping up the swing set that I had
hurt myself on so many times.
But I went back to it every single time
Acorn hats impaled my stubby toes but I ignored the small sting
and jumped onto the swing which was blistering hot like
every other thing.
I don't think you can write a poem about Texas
without using the word hot...
I remember every time I sat on that swing set
you would be deemed 'most amazingist' if you could reach your toes to the tree.
It was easiest when grandfather tree had leaves
that tree basically raised me.
It taught me not to be afraid of being upside down
not to be afraid of falling to the dirt
not to be afraid of the caterpillars
or hornets.
It taught me that not all surfaces are smooth
And so, I got off the swing, and listened to the tree and
do you know what the last lesson it taught me was?
Hush...
Just. Hush.
I still don't understand what it meant..
Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.

If you want to, leave some comments but I don't care, this wasn't the best poem I have ever written but still good enough to publish on here in my opinion.

I hope you all have had a wonderful spring so far! I sure have, it's been... full of new experiences. ^^

.:Kathryn:.

0 comments: