BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

February 8, 2010

Rainbows and Knives

Random lyric moment!

End Of All Hope, Nightwish - "Wounded is that deer that leaps highest, And my wound it cut so deep, turn off the light and let me pull the plug"

That is one of my favorite lyrics of all time. Don't ask I have issues. Ok I will be posting my favorite poem today, however it is a bit complex and confusing, but that is just how this poet roles.

What a Proud Dreamhorse- E.E Cummings

what a proud dreamhorse pulling (smoothloomingly) through
(stepp) this (ing) crazily seething of this
raving city screamingly street wonderful

flowers And o the Light thrown by Them opens

sharp holes in dark places paints eyes touches hands with new-
ness and these startled whats are a (piercing clothes thoughts kiss
-ing wishes bodies) squirm-of-frightened shy are whichs small
its hungry for Is for Love Spring thirsty for happens
only and beautiful
there is a ragged beside he who limps
man crying silence upward
-to have tasted Beautiful to have known
Only to have smelled Happens-skips dance kids hop point at
red blue yellow violet white orange green-
ness

o what a proud dreamhorse moving (whose feet
almost walk air). now who stops. Smiles.he
stamps




Alright, so, if you don't get it.. read over it again and post your thoughts. I will post what my depiction of this is and what my creative writing class got, but then again don't over-analyze the poem, it ruins the beauty of it. I love this poem to death and in my opinion it is one of E.E Cummings best poems.
Just to clarify, all the punctuation and capitals are correct, that is just how he wrote it. Look it up he has a book, if I skip a stanza or something tell me, but I am pretty sure I got everything.



Well I got some good news, some bad news, some really bad news, and some recovering news. The good news is the blueberry pie for dinner that my mom made was reeeeaalllyy good. The bad news is, my right earbud died. The really bad news BURQBGVOEGBJ. Sorry my printer started making noises. Anyways, the really bad news is one of my acquaintances brought a pocket knife to school thinking he could beat up this one guy. No offense but he can't. He is waayy too thin. I would have rooted for him though.. I just hate the giuy he was fighting that much. Aren't I pathetic? And the recovering news is that my two friends who were feuding made up with each other and now everything is mellow. So.. Ya my week has been interesting.
Well I better go do my science homework and read my myths. If you have any poems that you would like me to post I would be happy for any recommendations.



-Kathryn-

0 comments: