BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 9, 2010

Can you decipher E. E. Cummings?

R-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r
by E. E. Cummings

r-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r
who
a)s w(e loo) k
upnowgath
PPEGORHASS
eringint (o-
aThe) :l

eA

!p:
S a
(r
rIvInG .gRrEaPsPhOs)
to
rea (be) rran (com) gi (e) ngly
,grasshopper;"



Well I personally love this poem. I love E. E. Cummings work and my English teacher put this up for us to read on Friday. No one really liked it, mostly because they actually had to use their brains and THINK about what it might mean but me, and a few of my friends absolutely adored this piece. I'm sorry but this is all I can think to post at the moment. I was a strawberry smoothie very badly before LOST starts so I am going to leave you to the deciphering. If any of you want to post your interpretations please feel free to do so. I already know all the little kinks because unfortunately we had to annotate it. We went through every stanza, analyzed it and explained how it enhanced the poem, or we sat their explaining the terms that apply with this poem. To me annotating completely ruins the piece and fun of poetry which is why I bet most of my classmates don't like poetry. Oh well, anyways. I am going to go, there's my little input of opinion and a poem so I think I have paid my debt to society.
Thank you my seven followers.. it's very exciting to know I actually have some~! I love you all. :)


-KaThRyN-

0 comments: